Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What is Love?

Boy do I get this question a lot! While there are tomes on this subject, in my upcoming posts I would like to list some things I believe embody what Love Is and Is Not in a series of blogs that will follow in the coming weeks. Some of these might be a little controversial, but in my 20 years of helping people, I have come to find them as true. Hopefully, these insights will help you on your way to the perfect Love you deserve in your life. These posts will really be the summation of my last three blogs (Need v. Want, Love and Dark Matter, and Fear is A Mind Killer), and over the period of the next few weeks I will be writing my opinions on Love and its incredible effects on all of us.

But what is so important about Love anyway? If Love is a constant uphill climb, with no top, why endure the struggle, the danger, the heartbreak, the disappointment? My answer is the same as a real mountain climber would give, “because it is there.” The Life and Love you deserve are ahead of you and either you test yourself in its challenges and rewards, or you stay huddled in the valley of a dreamless day to day existence whose only purpose is the preservation of an illusionary sense of security and safety. Unfortunately, most people fear the adventure of finding true, deep, passionate Love. They fear going into the unknown and the unexplored. Paradoxically, they give up the dream of what may lie ahead on the heights of tomorrow for a perpetual nightmare of endless days and nights fearing the loss of a tenuous and unattainable feeling of security.

What I want to be able to do for all is give you the knowledge and help you develop your own skills in recognizing and achieving that most satisfying of all feelings: Unconditional, Honest, Complete, True Love. Yes, each of us has it in us to get there, and over the next few weeks I will outline what I feel you will need to know to get there and what things you should avoid that can sabotage your quest. Being In Love is one of the greatest feelings in the world, but it lasts only for a brief period. Mastering LOVE is what life is all about, and hopefully I will be able adequately convey this knowledge to you in an abbreviated form with these posts.

In addition to the esoteric and cosmic aspects of Love, look for some additional posts concerning the more scientific facets of love. Essentially what is going on chemically and with our primordial brain when we fall in love. This more “technical” post to follow will be titled: “Is Love just a Chemical Addiction?” My next blog concerning Love’s Mastery will be: “Love is about Freedom, not Possession.”

Until my next post, Excelsior!
Joan

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Good question! I do not know if this is correct answer, but it is better than most I have read recently!